November Troop Update
Dear Troop 219 Families,
We are still in need of leaders, as we have many scouts who are aging out with their respective parents. Please reach out to one of the committee members or scoutmasters, so we can get you trained.
- Oct. 1: Snell Isle Beautification Service Project - Thanks to all the volunteers who attend this service project and keeping our community nice!
- Oct. 5: Chess Merit Badge - A big thank you goes out to Michael Skarupa who led the the Chess Merit Badge this past month. Please be sure to get all your activities and Merit Badge requirements signed off!
- Oct. 12: Court of Honor - We held our first Court of Honor for the scout year and there were many awards and advancements. If anyone is lacking a completed award or rank, please let the advancement Chair (Carla Duff or Brian O'Neill) know, so we can take care of it.
- Oct. 21-23: Haunted Woods Campout (Hillsborough River State Park) - We hope everyone had fun at the Haunted Woods Campout. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to make this event a reality!
November Program Patrol: Scorpion
November Parent In Charge: Derek Raymer
- Nov. 2: Patrol Leader Meeting - All Sr. and Asst. Patrol Leaders need to meet at 6:30PM at St. Raphael's Church Classroom to plan November activities.
- Nov. 2: Regular Troop Meeting - Please attend our troop meeting at 7:00PM at St. Raphael's Church
- Nov. 3: Orienteering Merit Badge - We plan on completing several requirements of the Orienteering MB at Bill Jackson's from 5:30PM-7:00PM
- Nov. 9: Regular Troop Meeting - Please attend our troop meeting at 7:00PM at St. Raphael's Church
- Nov. 11-13: Orienteering Merit Badge at Kelly Park - Join us for completing additional requirements at Kelly Park. Panther Patrol will be leading this event.
- Nov. 16: Elections and Regular Troop Meeting - Please make sure you attend this event, so you can have our semi-annual elections. Each scout needs position of responsibility within the troop, which is required to advance.
- Nov. 18-20: Leave No Trace Training at Camp Soule - I would encourage any leader, parent, or scout to attend. (It is a ticket item for me too). I spoke with Jeanette and if there are enough interested in the training, it will go forward. Here is the link: http://tampabayscouting.org/2016/leave-no-trace-training-nov-18-20/8150
- Nov. 23: Board of Review and Regular Meeting - For those scouts who have completed their Scoutmaster Conferences, we will hold our monthly board of reviews.
- Nov. 24: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Nov. 25: Christmas Tree Lot Lock Out (6PM) - Our annual overnight event at St. Raphael's. We will have pizza, snacks, and fun activities for all the scouts.
- Nov. 26: Christmas Tree Lot Setup (7AM Sharp) - We will be setting up out tree lot and receiving the trees from the distributor. Coffee and donuts will be served.
- Nov. 27th: Wyatt Dano's Eagle Fundraiser - To be held at Sunrise Lanes from 3PM-5PM. Please save the date.
- Nov. 30: Patrol Leader Meeting - All Sr. and Asst. Patrol Leaders need to meet at 6:00PM at St. Raphael's Church Classroom to plan December activities.
- Nov. 30: Regular Meeting - Please attend our troop meeting at 7:00PM at St. Raphael's Church
- Dec. 7: Christmas Campfire and BOR - We plan to hold this event at Boyd Hill Pioneer Camp at the new fire ring.
- Dec. 10-11: Camping at Wekiva Spring and Orienteering Merit Badge - We plan to camp and do the annual orienteering event in Orlando at Wekiva Springs Park
- Dec. 14: Regular Troop Meeting and BOR - Please attend our troop meeting at 7:00PM at St. Raphael's Church
- Dec. 18: Cooper Dano's Eagle Fund Raiser - To be held at Sunrise Lanes from 3PM-5PM. Please save the date.
- Dec. 21: Christmas Break - NO MEETING
- Dec. 25: MERRY CHRISTMAS!
- Dec. 28: Christmas Break - NO MEETING
- Jan. 1: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We have created our calendar for the upcoming season and it is available online. Please be sure to subscribe to the Troop's online calendar with your smartphone and computers, so you will be up to date on all activities.
You can do that here: http://bsa219.org/index.php?option=com_dpcalendar&task=ical.download&id=8
Also, you can go to the website at http://bsa219.org/index.php/calendar to view it from your computer.
Yours in Scouting,
ASM and Communications